Need information for NATO Troop Transports Special Ability.
- The troop transport is a fast, lightly armed vehicle that can transport infantry, as well as repair.
- The troop transport for all factions only has one special: Armor Piercing Bullets.
- Armor-Piercing Bullets: Loads the M2 Machinegun with armor-piercing bullets. Slightly more effective against armored vehicles.
- Armor-Piercing Bullets: Loads the Machinegun with armor-piercing bullets. Slightly more effective against armored vehicles.
- Armor-Piercing Bullets: Loads the PKM Machinegun with armor-piercing bullets. Slightly more effective against armored vehicles.
- Cost for Infantry commanders: 550
- Cost for Armor commanders: 700
- Cost for Air commanders: 850
- Cost for Support commanders: 550
- HP: 857 HP.
- Speed: Fast
- Sight Range: Small
- Firing Range: Medium
- Power against Infantry: Strong
- Power against Vehicles: Weak
- Power against Tanks: None
- Power against Helicopters: Medium
Strategies for Troop TransportEdit
Despite having a machine gun, the troop transport (or jeep) is all but worthless in combat due to its extreme fragility. Rather, the jeep's main purpose is usually to provide a repair station for friendly helicopters in a safe rear area (jeeps can repair any vehicle, but ground units aren't as mobile to be able to retreat to the rear). As "repair stations" it's best to keep your jeeps stationary or at least move them only over short distances so that air player teammates don't have to search for where you've parked them or chase you around for repairs (alternatively being stationary makes you vulnerable to being destroyed by cheap tactical aids like tank busters).
Ideally, an infantry player should probably use some of his reinforcement points on jeeps for repair stations, though this often doesn't happen. This means that an air player will either have to call in a jeep with his own reinforcement points (rather expensive at 800), or expend tactical aid for one or more airdropped jeeps. The advantage of spawning a jeep with reinforcement points is that the jeep is easily and painlessly replaceable should it be destroyed. Calling in a jeep as an air player at the beginning of the match is also useful as it allows you to participate in capturing a few command points and earning some TA. The downside of course, is that you have fewer reinforcement points to spend on helicopters to actually fight the enemy. On the other hand, using an airdropped jeep frees up reinforcement points and allows you to build up to your full complement of choppers, but as the airdropped jeep costs TA you should keep it safe and hidden to avoid its destruction.
Of course jeeps can also be used to transport infantry, but since the jeep is pretty useless in a fight and is about as durable as a cheaper Transport Truck, the latter sees more use instead.